GWAR might just be the most prolific heavy-metal-band-slash-art-collective-comprised-entirely-of-angry-aliens ever to be exiled to our planet. Since 1984, they’ve released thirteen studio albums, two live albums, comic books, trading cards, barbecue sauces, and even a board game. And they’ve produced videos. They’ve released live recordings, long form feature films such as 1992’s Phallus in Wonderland, and an animated cartoon.
Always better eaten live: over-stated, in-your-face, larger-than-life violence literally leaves their audience dripping in (fake) blood and other bodily fluids.
assasinations of your favorite world figures from Hitler to Justin B. And why not Paris Hilton with a little Sarah Palin thrown in?
Crude, loud, weirdly charming, they slip in some social subtle social criticism, and a passionate defense of creativity and self- expression, whatever form these may take.
- 11/2: Urbana, IL @ Canopy Club
- 11/3: Chicago, IL @ Concord Music Hall
- 11/4: Grand Rapids, MI @ Orbit Room
- 11/5: Indianapolis, IN @ The Vogue
- 11/6: Detroit, MI @ Harpo’s
- 11/7: Buffalo, NY @ The Town Ballroom
- 11/8: Cleveland, OH @ Agora Theater
- 11/9: Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club
- 11/11: Norfolk, VA @ The Norva
- 11/12: Philadelphia, PA @ Electric Factory
- 11/13: New Haven, CT @ Toad’s Place
- 11/14: Worcester, MA @ The Palladium
- 11/15: New York, NY @ Webster Hall
- 11/17: Asheville, NC @ The Orange Peel
- 11/18: Nashville, TN @ Exit/In
- 11/19: New Orleans, LA @ House of Blues
- 11/20: Dallas, TX @ Gas Monkey Live
- 11/21: Houston, TX @ Houston Whatever Fest*
- 11/22: Austin, TX @ Scoot Inn
- 11/24: Charlotte, NC @ Tremont Music Hall
- 11/25: Atlanta, GA @ The Masquerade
- 11/27: Ft. Lauderdale, FL @ Revolution
- 11/28: Orlando, FL @ Venue 578